Friday, August 31, 2012

Are you ready for some Football??!!

Are you ready for some Football??  I know I sure am!
Today kicks off the College football season so that means that every Saturday between now and December there will be something fun to do on the weekends for sure.  Especially when NCSU is playing at home!
There are so many things I love about Football season.  The weather changes that bring on new wardrobes, the yummy tailgating snacks, the State Fair, and lots of time to entertain friends and family!
I look forward to the Friday nights before home football games because I get to:
A.      Plan my wardrobe…very important ladies!
B.      Plan my menu...again, very important and I am stepping it up a notch this year.
C.      Pack the car and coolers
I am sure you are thinking there are plenty of other things I could be doing for fun in Raleigh on a Friday night…but this type of planning and preparation is right up my alley!
Here is a little sneak peek of a few things I have in mind to prepare or wear at some point this football season…

Brownies are always a crowd pleaser and I love how they cut these in the shape of a football and used white icing to draw the stitching.  So cute and tasty!

Jack’s Salsa is a staple at my tailgate.  And I guess this doesn't really count as "preparing something".  Oh well! 
If you are a member at Costco, you can get this size for less than $5.00 and it lasts for at least 2 games.  Just grab a bag of Tostito’s scoops and you are all set!

A little trail mix to make sure you have the sweet and salty combo.  Great with a cold beer and something you can enjoy before, during and after the game!  One thing I think is fun is to include your team colors in the mix...like red M&M's for my Wolfpack...the little mix of color makes it really fun and shows team spirit :)


And I will most definitely be trying out one of these on September 15…the Beermosa!  Champagne isn’t my beverage of choice but I think this combination would be the perfect kickoff cocktail.
And this next item was just something that I couldn’t leave in the store when I stumbled across it…

I know this seems silly but when I saw these trash bins I just couldn’t resist the purchase.  I love the concept and the red and white gingham sealed the deal!
They are sold at places like The Container Store and Party City for $3.99...however this bargain shopper found two in the summer clearance section at Target.  Got 2 for $1.00!  It might get thrown away after the first game...but hey!  I can enjoy it while it lasts.
So that's just a preview of what I have to prepare...now what to wear!


This necklace from my York etc. collection will be fun on gameday with a red shirt or dress.  As you know, it all depends on the weather...but this necklace will work no matter what!




This chevron shift dress is going to be so fun and comfy to wear on gameday.  I can wear it in the beginning of the season with flats or with tights and boots later in the year.  And the red, black and white chevron pattern is the perfect match for NCSU!

There are several other fun "gameday" pieces that you could incorporate into your wardrobe on the York etc. page so be sure and check it out.  If you don't see your school colors in anything, just let me know and I will be more than happy to find something for you.

Since I couldn't go to Atlanta for the NCSU game today...I am just going to have to do some tailgating of my own at the beach.  But you better believe I have my pom poms waiting for September 15!

Grab your game gear and cheer on your favorite team.  Football season is finally here!

Stay tuned.  Stay trendy!
- HYS


1 comment: